The (e)merge art fair (Washington, DC) celebrates galleries, artists, artists’ work and the creative process. The Fair garners support from all corners of the artworld and aims to create an energetic environment of collaboration and discovery.
(e)merge will take place September 22 – 25, 2011, in Washington, DC, within blocks of the U.S. Capitol Building, at the Capitol Skyline Hotel. The Fair will feature dozens of international galleries and nonprofits in the Hotel rooms on designated exhibition floors. Throughout the Hotel’s public areas and grounds, (e)merge will provide exhibition space, free of charge, for vetted works in various media by artists who are currently not represented.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MAY 23, 2011
GALLERIES & NONPROFITS
• Exhibitors may present 1-3 artists in each room
• Art being presented may include works in all media: installation, painting, photography, new
media, performance, sculpture, works on paper, and video
• The artists presented should not have been the subject of / had any solo museum or Kunsthalle exhibitions
To be eligible for artist exhibition space artist applicants must:
• Be currently without gallery representation
• May have had solo gallery shows, but may not have had solo museum or Kunsthalle exhibitions
• Whereas work in all media (including painting, sculpture, works on paper, and photography) will be
carefully considered, projects involving experimental works in non-traditional formats are especially encouraged. Such work may include installation, conceptual art, performance, new media, or the inventive use of materials to express challenging concepts