The Network of Arab Arthouse Screens (NAAS) and Metropolis Cinema Association, in collaboration with ArteEast, are proud to open the call for participation in the first specialized workshop for arthouse cinema management and programming in the Arab world. The workshop will take place in Beirut from the 5-9th of March 2014.
During 5 days, the participants will attend sessions, case studies, and panel discussions by experts in the field, as well as share experiences and participate in discussions focusing on:
• Creative film programming
• Strategies for audience development
• The business of distribution
• Successful management of an arthouse cinema theater
• Common issues facing arthouse cinemas in the region
Eligible Candidates must:
• Have a minimum of one year experience in:
• an arthouse cinema
• a cine club
• a commercial cinema with a clear project to develop an arthouse cinema (the project must be at an advanced stage of development)
• Be currently attached to a film space with a public film program in the Arab world, OR is in the process of developing a film space in the Arab World (the project must be at an advanced stage of development)
• Demonstrate an intention to develop a career in arthouse cinema management or programming
• Be fluent in Arabic, English or French
Please note that:
• There are no restrictions on age or nationality
• Travel, accommodation and pedagogical costs will be covered by the workshop.
• Accepted candidates will be asked to pay a symbolic 100 USD fee.
• We welcome applications from several candidates working at the same institution.
• Only candidates from institutions (cinemas, cineclubs…) respecting copyright issues are eligible to participate in this training.
To apply, click here.
The application deadline is 28 December 2013.
Successful candidates will be notified of their selection by the 20th of January 2014.
For questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org