The second edition of the (e)merge art fair will take place October 4 – 7, 2012, in Washington, DC, within blocks of the museums on the National Mall, at the modernist Morris Lapidus-designed Capitol Skyline hotel.
The 2011 inaugural edition of (e)merge featured 80 vetted exhibitors with works by artists from 21 countries. Over 5500 attendees visited the gallery and artist exhibitions, performances, panel discussions, curatorial museum walk-throughs, and private collection tours.
(e)merge is pleased to work with our cultural partners, including The National Gallery of Art, The Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, The Phillips Collection, The Corcoran Gallery of Art, and The National Museum of Women in the Arts, to develop special events and programs surrounding the time of the upcoming Fair.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED
> application deadline: April 27, 2012
> notifications sent via email in: June 2012
GALLERIES + NON-PROFIT SPACES (to apply)
– Exhibitors may present 1-3 artists in each room
– Art being presented may include works in all media: installation, painting, photography, new media, performance, sculpture, works on paper, and video
– The artists presented should not have had any solo museum or Kunsthalle exhibitions
ARTISTS (to apply)
Artists whose proposals are accepted by the selection committee will be provided with exhibition space at the Fair free of charge.
To be eligible for artist exhibition space artist applicants must:
– Be currently without gallery representation
– May have had solo gallery shows, but may not have had solo museum or Kunsthalle exhibitions
– Whereas work in all media will be carefully considered, projects involving experimental works in non-traditional formats are especially encouraged . Such work may include installation, conceptual art, performance, new media, or the inventive use of materials to express challenging concepts.
Additional information may be found on the EXHIBITOR SERVICES page
Leave a Reply